Theatre Passe Muraille’s Mainspace theatre is a beautiful performance space within our designated heritage building, just Northeast of Queen & Bathurst. The Mainspace has a maximum seating capacity of 185 (over 2 levels) and is perfect for theatre performances, film shoots, corporate events and receptions. The space also features a bar (operated by TPM), and all seating areas are fully licensed by the AGCO for your patrons’ enjoyment.
To request a rental, scroll down to the rental request form.
Not-for-profit rate: $4,500.00 per week plus HST.
Commercial rate: $6,000.00 per week plus HST.
Basic rental rates include:
• 40 hours of Technician time per week
• In-house Lighting & Sound Equipment
• Box Office Services
• Front of House Staffing (including bartender, where applicable) for all performances within TPM’s regular schedule
• One private dressing room & a shared greenroom backstage
Additional fees include:
• Staffing costs for lighting hang/load in or strike
• Third-Party Insurance (proof of insurance required prior to load-in)
• FOH Staffing fees for any scheduled performances that divert from TPM’s regular schedule (Wed – Sat @ 7:30 pm, Sat & Sun Matinees @ 2 pm)
• Additional tech time outside of 40 hours are subject to infringement costs, and additional technicians are generally charged at a rate of $22/hr plus HST per technician.
*Theatre Passe Muraille is a supporter of independent theatre companies, and as such, we primarily rent out our theatre spaces by the week to independent not-for-profit companies at subsidized rates. Priority is given to weekly rentals, though on occasion and depending upon availability, we are sometimes able to rent out our spaces for individual events — including galas, workshops, craft sales, festivals, parties and weddings.
VIEW A 3D model of the space: