Presented by Theatre Passe Muraille
Nina is a polyamorous bisexual poet. Gabbie is a monogamous lesbian songwriter. When the two meet at an open mic night, they must reconcile their mutual attraction with their opposing perspectives on love.
Using a loop pedal and an array of instruments, Poly Queer Love Ballad is a non-traditional musical that blends slam poetry with catchy pop-folk tunes. The show challenges conceptions of queer romance and shows that intimacy isn’t confined by genre, medium, or societal obligations.
First co-produced by the Queer Arts Festival, and co-presented by The Frank Theatre and Zee Zee Theatre.
Backspace Theatre | 16 Ryerson Ave.
If you would like information on the topics or themes in our productions, or to determine the suggested age for attending a performance, please reach out to our Box Office staff at 416-504-7529 or by email.
Directed by Julie McIsaac
Dramaturgy by Joanna Garfinkel
Created by Anais West and Sara Vickruck
Sacrificial Poet Schedule:
- Robyn Kaur Sidhu (November 26th at 7:30pm)
- Alessandra Naccarato (November 27th at 7:30pm)
- Charlie C Petch (November 28th at 7:30pm)
- Twoey Gray (November 29th at 7:30pm)
- Cassandra Myers (November 30th at 2:00pm)
- Natalie Wee (November 30th at 7:30pm)
- Luke Reece (December 1st at 2:00pm)
To learn more about all of the Sacrificial Poets please check out their bios by clicking here.